Measurement and results: the strength of the approach
Bleu-Blanc-Cœur has developed a counter which calculates the Nutritional and Environmental Impact of the menu.
This counter, validated by the experts of the National Food Program in France (PNA « Programme National de l’Alimentation »), allows to communicate on the Individual or Community benefit resulting of the daily consumption of Bleu-Blanc-Cœur menu.
The Calculation are made from
- The volumes of production of the Bleu-Blanc-Cœur food products;
- A database coming from the various Scientifics studies made by Bleu-Blanc-Cœur and validated by French State (link to the scientific approach of Bleu-Blanc-Cœur)
- The analytical control plan set up by Bleu-Blanc-Coeur.
The validated results are communicate under 4 Sections
- The Nutrition Impact with the omega 3 add and the saving in terms of saturated fatty acid when the Bleu-Blanc-Coeur products replace the standard products;
- The Environmental Impact with the reduction of greenhouse gases emitted by the ruminant (corresponding to the methane not emitted in C02 equivalent), as well as the soya not cropped for the livestock Bleu-Blanc-Cœur (equivalent in hectares of Amazon Forest preserved);
- The biodiversity Impact with tons and hectares of extra production in terms of flaxseed, proteaginous, grass, alfalfa, as well as corn not produced for feeding the animal Bleu-Blanc-Coeur;
- The Societal Impact in term of cost of BBC production, better remuneration for the producers, and preservation of non-renewable resource;
Each member, at Bleu-Blanc-Cœur, can ask its own Eco-Nutrition counter. Those data highlight the importance of the production mode and so the commitment of the whole Bleu-Blanc-Coeur chain. Those counters can be calculated for a Local Community and measure then the impact of the buying products policy on the Health and Environment.