It consists to promoting diversity and balance in the fields, in the feed containers, in the plates, and in every cells of our body. Practically, Bleu-Blanc-Coeur is engaged to respects it commitment “a healthy agriculture”.
For that, Bleu-Blanc-Coeur aims to guarantee products with high nutritional quality. Our organization has defined 20 guidelines including obligations of means and obligations of results. Each member, such crop farmers, animal farmers, feed manufacturers, processors or retailers, must follow and respect the guidelines which match with its activities.
Those obligations are the following:
Obligation of means
- To use raw materials (grass, hay…) and grains (linseed, lupin, alfalfa, canola…) selected for the rich omega 3 content.
- To provide to the animal, a mixed and balanced diet, which integrates vegetal sources with nutritional interests recognized for their healthy properties.
- To follow the requests in terms of animal health and environment protection.
- Not to use some intake which contributes to unbalance the diet.
- To organize a traceability from the field to the plate.
Obligation of results
Resulting from Bleu-Blanc-Coeur researches, we have understood that the profile in fatty acid was the memory of the method used to rear the animal. For this reason, Bleu-Blanc-Coeur has set up the fatty acid profile for the products in its guidelines. For each food products, a range of fatty acid or rate of fatty acid specify and differentiate the BBC products from the conventional products.
Bleu-Blanc-Coeur is engaged in an approach to enhance the nutritional content in omega 3 fatty acid of the food products.
Respect of the commitments
The control and the traceability of the whole chain are secured at 3 levels:
- Management of quality documents: each member must have a quality management system (writing traceability).
- On-site Audits (for each location, for each member): all along the food chain, various audits are carried in the member’s place (feed manufacturers, farms producers, processors, retailers, …).
- Analytical control over the products (from the field to the plate): each product is analyzed all along the food chain to check if it is targeting a good nutritional quality.
Bleu-Blanc-Coeur is controlled by an independent third-party organizatio